HOW TO LINK A SKETCH FILE
The first step to bringing your Sketch design to life is to import it. To do so, simply click on the [+] button at the top of the library panel.
You can also create a brand new file by clicking the [Sketch] button under "Library".
Behind the scenes, we convert all your Sketch design's artboards, pages, and slices into individual assets that may be independently composed and animated on stage.
To get an asset on stage, just drag and drop it!
DRAGGING AND DROPPING ITEMS ON STAGE
This one's self-explanatory: to get an item from the Library to the Stage, simply drag and drop. The new element will show up on the stage where you drop it, and a new row will show up in the Timeline representing the new element.
CHANGING ASSETS FROM SKETCH
What if you need to make a change to the Sketch file? That's fine! We'll take care of bringing your new changes into Animator and onto any assets you've placed on the stage.
When you import a Sketch file, we automatically make a copy of that file and start tracking changes behind the scenes with Git. What this means is if you make changes to your original file, they won't show up by default in Animator.
To make changes to your Sketch-linked assets, double-click the Sketch file in the library. Sketch will launch, and when you Save in Sketch, changes will automatically be tracked in Animator. Even elements already on the stage remain linked and can be updated directly from Sketch.
If you're having trouble getting your Sketch assets into Animator, check the following:
- Ensure that Haiku.app is installed in your /Applications folder.
- Ensure that Sketch is also installed in your /Applications folder.
- Ensure that you've marked your Sketch assets for export, OR sliced them.
- Ensure that you've saved your Sketch file after slicing/marking for export.
- If you imported a pre-existing Sketch file, note that Animator makes a copy of the Sketch file that you import. If you make changes to the original file, Animator will not automatically copy those changes over to the new file. As a result, after importing a file, we recommend closing the original Sketch file and opening the copy through Animator by double-clicking it in the Library.