Animator integrates with a number of design tools, and we plan on growing that list in the future, plus adding our own drawing tools.
In the meantime, what happens if you don't use any of our currently supported design tools? We've got you covered! You can also import SVG files directly.
To do it, follow these steps:
- Create a new project from the dashboard
2. Click the [+] button in the library
3. Select the [Import from file] option
4. Select an SVG from your finder/explorer to import it. It will show up in the library under "Designs".
5. Once you've imported your SVG you can drag and drop it into the stage to animate it!
Important to note
All SVG’s are not born equal and depending on how they’re constructed you could run into some issues with them, as they’re the less tested asset path for us at the moment. But that said, if you run into any issues, just let us know (preferably, with the SVG files!) and we’ll get them fixed up for you.